Monday, May 3, 2010

Mermaid Forest

Mermaid Forest was not very appealing to me at all, except for the moral behind the story.  The moral was very touching and made me reflect a lot on what a look to in life.  The idea of taking advantage of a situation and begging for more than you need, to then have it nip you in the butt is something that I always try to avoid.  Throughout my life I have made it my mantra to try to help as many people as I can and to be as selfless as I can.  So the moral was the only thing that really kept me hooked in the piece.  As far as imagery I was lost after the first few pages.

Throughout Mermaid Forest the images were very dead.  The facial expressions of the characters were very minimal.  There was never a happy or a sad it was just a slight twitch of the lips up or down.  There is an excessive amount of close up and mid shots and the viewer gets lost rather quickly within a scene.  The only thing that has the slightest bit of detail are the environment shots.  Without their extent of detail the whole piece would be lost entirely.  Mermaid Forest has a good concept as far as story behind it, but personally the representation of it through images was very distracting and did not read well.

No comments:

Post a Comment